On January 17, the Office of the UP VP for Alumni and Public Affairs organized the Gawad Oblation Awards Ceremony at the UP Bahay Alumni. President Danilo Concepcion cited the 38 awardees, the Gawad Oblation as the highest recognition bestowed by the University, to individuals, organizations, and institutions who have rendered extraordinary service to the University.
This is the second run of the Gawad Oblation Awards. The first one was in January 2017, when then-UP President Alfredo Pascual officiated. The 14 awardees at that time included our former Chairman Dr. Magdaleno Albarracin, Jr., former DPWH Secretary Rogelio Singson, and Executive Director Tito Aliga.
We are proud to cite the UPERDFI members and stakeholders who received the award:
1. Ambassador Francis Chua of the Consulate of Peru
2. Orlando “Doy” Vea, President CEO of Maya Philippines and Voyager International
1. Ramon Ang, San Miguel Group
2. Polly Cortez, Friends of the University of the Philippines in America (FUPFA)
3. Ray Espinosa, Meralco
4. Robina Gokongwei-Pe, Gokongwei Brothers Foundation, Universal Robina Corporation
5. Manuel Pangilinan, PLDT-Smart Foundation, Philex Mining, Maynilad Water and MetroPacific Group
6. Mark Villar, Villar Group
7. Huawei Philippines (Alex Luan, President)
8. Palawan Express (Bobby and Angelita Castro). Our member Bobbit Castro is an operations executive in the business conglomerate.
We congratulate our members and our stakeholders for their sustaining support of UP!
UP TCAGP and RASA Surveying and Realty Ink MOU on Geodetic Engineering
Led by UPERDFI member Raymund Alberto being the President and CEO, RASA Surveying and Realty signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of the Philippines, through its Training Center for Applied Geodesy and Photogrammetry Read more…